Sadiq Khan is committed to delivering on his priorities set out in his manifesto A Manifesto for all Londoners.
These are Sadiq’s 10 priorities for London
- Tackle the housing crisis, building thousands more homes for Londoners each year, setting an ambitious target of 50 per cent of new homes being genuinely affordable, and getting a better deal for renters.
- Freeze London transport fares for four years and introduce a one-hour bus ‘Hopper’ ticket, paid for by making TfL more efficient and exploring new revenue-raising opportunities. Londoners won’t pay a penny more for their travel in 2020 than they do today.
- Make London safer, with action to restore neighbourhood policing, tackle gangs and knife crime, a plan to tackle the spread of extremism, and a review of the resourcing of our fire service.
- Be the most pro-business Mayor yet, working in partnership with industry to deliver on skills, infrastructure, and growth.
- Restore London’s air quality to legal and safe levels, with action to make travel greener and pedestrianise Oxford Street, while protecting the green belt.
- Set up ‘Skills for Londoners’ to ensure all Londoners have the opportunity to train in the skills that our economy needs.
- Tackle low pay, working with employers to make London a Living Wage City.
- Challenge gender inequality, working to close the gender pay gap and support women to break the glass ceiling while helping to remove the barriers to women’s success.
- Make cycling and walking safer, with more segregated cycle routes, action on dangerous junctions, and safer lorries.
- Make London a fairer and more tolerant city, open and accessible to all, and one in which all can live and prosper free from prejudice.